Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Finish This...Week IV

After having missed last week due to our honeymoon(!!!) I'm back for this week's Finish This... linkup, hosted by Nicole ~Three 31~, Jen ~The Arizona Russums~, Lisa ~COASTLINED~,  and Becky ~The Java Mama~

I don’t get enough-time! This week, with all the recent changes, everything going on and us just trying to get settled in, has been a little rough on my mental health. I feel like I don't have enough time to love on Allie, or to just hang out and snuggle with Bruce, much less do things like read books I've been dying to read forever or go to the gym. Hopefully in the coming weeks things will settle down and we'll figure out our routine, but until then, I could use just a few more hours.

My favorite indulgence-is taking a couple of hours to get my nails done, or go to the gym, or sit down and read a good book. All of these things are very good for my mental health. 


I made a major change in my life when-I went through my divorce, then again when I met Bruce. The period leading up to and shortly after the divorce were dark times, but I learned so much about the kind of life I wanted, and the kind of person I wanted to be. I vowed that I would never settle for anything less again. Meeting Bruce has only made me more confident that I can be the kind of person I want to be, and he has opened my eyes to so many things. He's made the life I always wanted possible. I've changed so much over the past 3 years, and it's all been for the better, and I'm so happy about that fact. 


You should read-The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning, or the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, or the Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward....all pure guilty pleasure, escapist reading; great story-telling and wonderful fun! Also, Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.....wonderful book! 


____ is my secret ingredient in-I probably have tons of random secret ingredients in everything I make as I'm not really a cook-by-the-recipe kinda girl. I'll find one I think will be good, then I'll add things or take away depending on what sounds good to me or my family likes or what ingredients I have on hand. So, most of the time, nothing tastes exactly the same two times in a row if I make it. 

4 comments:

  1. I don't follow recipes EXACTLY either, including baking! There's always a dash of this and a dash of that I want to add. Go to the gym, it'll do your body and mind well. I renewed my gym membership yesterday, April 1, after a five-month-long hiatus to have a baby and surgery, and it felt AWESOME to get back in there. I just walked on the treadmill yesterday but I did water aerobics this morning. Thankfully, they have a wonderful (grandmother-ly) lady in the child care center and I can get my sweat on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished the Divergent series, are your recommendations anything like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Francine Rivers novel is Christian fiction, based on the book Hosea from the Bible, so it's in it's own little group but one of the best books I've read. Anything by Francine Rivers is good stuff. Her series on women of the Old Testament is awesome too.

    The other listed are somewhat similar to Divergent in ways, but the books I listed are very much adult, urban fantasy with a strong romantic storyline. I love these type of books, but there is some language and adult content. Divergent is very much a teen novel (although tons of adults have loved it, I know I did!), and more realistic than the since that it could actually occur. I, as an adult, loved Divergent as well as the books I listed, but for some other teen series similar to Divergent I also liked the Legend series by Marie Lu; the Delirium series by Lauren Oliver; Ashfall series by Mike Mullen; and the 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. Girls at my school also love The Selection series by Keira Cass too, although I haven't read it yet. Dystopian fiction is huge right now so there are endless choices out there.

    Wow, ok, I just made it really obvious that I work in a teen library for a living lol Sorry.

    ReplyDelete