Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Finish This...Week VI

A new week of the Finish this... linkup with Nicole ~Three 31~, Jen ~The Arizona Russums~, Lisa ~COASTLINED~, and Becky ~The Java Mama~. 

My favorite comfort food is--I don't really know how you choose one...I pretty much use all of my favorite foods as comfort foods...I'm an emotional eater. Which is why I've always struggled with being really fit. My favorite foods, and thus those that make me feel the most comforted, are fried rice (my grandpa has made this for all major holidays my whole life and it's a family favorite) or chocolate oatmeal cookies (the no bake kind, my mom has made these all throughout my life). 

My most memorable birthday was--This past June I turned 28 and it was a totally awesome birthday. I had undergone breast reduction surgery the week before, so I hadn't been doing much. Bruce and I hadn't been dating really long, but on the night of my birthday he came over for dinner and met my family and my daughter for the first time. Then, a couple days later, that weekend, a few of my friends organized an outing with all of my best friends, and Bruce came and met them and celebrated. We all had the best time. 
Our first picture together-@ Grumpy's for my 28th birthday

The best karaoke song is-I don't know, I don't sing karaoke-ever. Reason why---I was belting out "Let it go" by Idina Menzel from the Frozen soundtrack, and Allie calls out "Mommy! Will you please stop singing that song?! 'Cause I like the way that SHE sings it!" 

Boots make me feel-sexy and badass, like I could conquer the world just with a great pair of cowboy boots. They also make me feel giddy happy whenever I see Allie wearing her pink "cowgirl boots" she loves so much! I guess maybe they make her feel the same way about herself as mine do me? 


My favorite boots and my favorite man 
Allie loving on her kitten, wearing her boots

I am grateful-For so many things that I know I don't deserve, but mostly my precious daughter and the amazing man who is helping me make my life everything I always wanted it to be. 

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand your 'comfort food' response. I'm an emotional eater too, which is why I've been overweight my entire life. Food is just sooooo good, though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boot lovers unite! Hehehe. My 4yr old son always says "mom stop, it hurts it hurts" when I sing. He's a turkey all right. He saw the kid in the Lorax say that and now he says it to me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allie looks so stinkin' cute in her little pink cowboy boots!

    ReplyDelete