I'm a day late again as I was battling a near fatal sinus infection and bronchitis yesterday, but thanks to antibiotics and steroids, I'm on the mend!
Another week of Finish This... with Nicole ~Three 31~, Jen ~The Arizona Russums~ , Lisa ~COASTLINED~ and Becky ~The Java Mama~.
My boobs are- Fairly new to me. I have had very large breasts for most of my life, and I've never been crazy about them. Shopping for a bra, bathing suit, formal dress, even sometimes tops, was a complete act of Congress. I had back pain all throughout high school. But I made do. However, after giving birth to my daughter, and gaining lots of weight, they were ginormous! I had trouble finding anything that fit, and my back hurt so much. Having a breast reduction was something I'd always tossed around in my head, but I'd always said I wanted to wait til I had all my children beforehand. Then, I got divorced, and while I definitely still wanted more children, it became something that was at an indefinite point in the future. So I moved forward with breast reduction plans. I got a recommendation for a plastic surgeon from my OB/GYN, did some of my own research and I scheduled a consult with him. He was wonderful. My mom, best friend, and I spent hours pouring over before and after shots of surgeries. On June 3rd of this year, I had my surgery, and while I did have a few complications from a benign tumor (Thank goodness! My doctor told my parents he initially thought it was cancerous!) and blood pooling up internally that involved several additional doctor visits, I am 100% pleased with my decision. I still have a 36D, so they're not tiny by any means, just much smaller than they were. Also, they're perky and well-shaped and I can wear any type of shirt that I want. I have never been able to wear a strapless dress in my life until now. The scars are not ideal, but I've made me peace with them and are worth what I get in exchange. I would do it all again in a heartbeat. I feel more confident about them than I ever have in my life, and I actually like my boobs for the first time in my life.
 |
Before, April 2013 (and this bra/dress actually makes my old boobs
look much perkier than they actually were) |
 |
| After, June 2013 |
My heart is-So full of love for Bruce and for Allie that it's nearly bursting every day. It's content and happy and at peace for the first time, for real, maybe in forever.
One thing every woman should know-How to budget and manage her money and take care of her financial life. I've never been especially good at all of this, but I'm learning now, and it makes me feel very empowered. Also, how to cook a few really awesome meals for her family or just friends, and how to walk in really sexy heels.....
My breakfast typically consists of-a couple of egg muffins: eggs, whisked; shredded cheese; and cooked turkey sausage--all poured into muffin tins and baked for about 20 min or so (I'm not sure, I never really keep up with the time, just until they "look" done.) If we don't have these made for the week, then I usually just grab a Fiber One bar on my way out the door.
I’m so glad I learned the secret to-I don't really know the secret to anything. I don't claim to know all the answers to anything. I'm still figuring everything out, from loving myself to behind a strong woman, to being a wonderful wife, to be being a great mother. I learn something new about myself and my strengths or weaknesses in each of those roles, and I'm always trying to get better everyday. I think that's the secret to being great.
I don't own a single pair of heels and girl, your boobies look amazing!!!!!!!!!! (p.s. I hope you're feeling better fast. Being sick sucks.)
ReplyDeleteI think your boobs look amazing, its never good when they are causing so much pain. Good for you!!
ReplyDelete