Thursday, March 6, 2014

Laissez les Bons Temps Rouler



(That means "Let the good times roll" in French...) 

In honor of Fat Tuesday and mine and Bruce's honeymoon in New Orleans, my wonderful coworkers got together and threw me a party to celebrate my engagement and upcoming wedding yesterday. 

I know, I know, Fat Tuesday was well, Tuesday, and yesterday was Wednesday, so we were a day late. But our students are released at 2 pm on Wednesdays, so that day was better! 

I work in the library at the end of the school, so it's not all that often I get to see a lot of my coworkers. Plus, it was so thoughtful of them all to give up some of their planning time to come celebrate me! There was punch (Baptist champagne!) and  cupcakes and chocolate-covered strawberries and this amazing cheeseball/dip type thing that I'm determined to recreate. 

I'm getting so very excited about the wedding, and we've just about got all the planning wrapped up. We still have a ton of things to do in our house, but it's all coming right along. 

15 days and counting... =) 

Here are some pics from the celebration yesterday!

Mrs. Stephens & Mrs. Stansberry, who handled all
the planning for my awesome party!




No comments:

Post a Comment