Monday, March 10, 2014

11 days and counting...

I'm getting married in 11 days...and the house into which Bruce and I are supposed to move looks like it's been hit by a hurricane. I'm not kidding. 

Barely a month ago, right after we'd gotten engaged and decided we were moving, a major remodel began. New paint and trim throughout the house, hardwood floors in our bedroom, new carpet in Allie's, a chalkboard wall in Allie's room. Thanks to generous donations of supplies and equipment from his former house-remodeler stepfather and the mad painting skills of my mother, the house is going to look wonderful. Over the next couple of months, we'll be making lost of other updates, but this is all stuff we hope to have done before we move in....in 11 days. 

We've worked all weekend, nonstop. Well, Bruce has. I did break for a couple hours on Saturday to take Allie to my best friend's son's birthday party, but got right back at it. We've gotten a lot accomplished, but there is still soooo much to do. 

Currently, our home looks like this...

The living room, holding all the freshly painted trim
Our bedroom, awaiting hardwood flooring
Our bathroom, in the very beginning stage of painting
(the new paint is that lovely grey color)
I have faith we will get everything done, but boy will I be glad once we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment