Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Finish This...Week VIII

Finish This... linkup with Nicole ~Three 31~, Jen ~The Arizona Russums~, Lisa ~COASTLINED~,  and Becky ~The Java Mama~

1. When I need help with life’s mysteries, I turn to- My soon-to-be (2 days!) husband, most of the time. He's proven to be very wise about many things, and he's such a problem-solver that he usually has some solution to whatever I'm worried about, or at least can easily turn my mood around and give me different perspective on the whole thing. If Bruce isn't available, I usually sound thoughts and ideas off  my mom and always, always, pray about things! 
2. My next challenge is figuring out-Exactly how this whole situation of Allie, Bruce and I living together in our new home will look. I wouldn't exactly call it a challenge, as I'm sure it's going to be fantastic. But, it's going to be a change getting settled into a hopefully smooth rhythm of everyday life; albeit a very exciting one!
3. I shake things up-I don't really feel the need to shake things up a whole lot. lol The past few years my life has been in total upheaval, what with the horrible marriage problems, divorce, Daddy's new girlfriend (not necessarily in that order), meeting Bruce, falling in love, Allie being an unpredictable wild child, remodeling a house, planning a wedding....Being with Bruce has been a whirlwind of trying and doing new things--I went tent camping for the first time and we  traveled to two new cities last summer--every day is pretty much a new and exciting day. I do love trying new recipes though, I try to do that as often as I can!

4. High heels are-Really fun every once in awhile. I say heels, although I very rarely actually wear true heels. I do have a kick-butt pair of red Jessica Simpson pumps for the wedding that I'm so in love with, and a black pair Bruce loves that I've worn maybe twice since I've known him, but mostly in the summer I will dress up and wear wedges to go out to dinner. I have brown wedges and black wedges and gold wedges right now. I'm pretty short and not as thin as I would like, so I love the way heels make me feel. I wish they were more comfortable so I could wear them more often! lol But alas, they are not.  



4 comments:

  1. You look amazing, heels or not! Thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - heels make me feel long and lean! Short people unite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Wedding Day!!!! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best wishes on your upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete