Friday, May 16, 2014

Lately...

I haven't written much lately. I don't really have any good excuses, just it's been busy, but it always is, at least in my life. 

We're wrapping up things on another school year, so I've been working a little longer hours than I normally would. We've celebrated Mother's Day and my brother's and grandfather's birthday and I'm trying to get things ready to plant a vegetable garden. We're preparing for a 2 day camping/white water rafting trip next weekend-just Bruce, his sister and brother-in-law, and his best friend from high school and his girlfriend. We're very excited for that. Then there's the usual shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, bill-paying etc. that I've been trying to stay on top of here lately. Of course, spending time with my sweet girl and loving on the hot husband are top priorities too. So, I guess the weeks have just flown by with nothing really spectacular happening, just the everyday joy of living a life that I love so much. 

Here are some recent glimpses into our life...


Our first door-hanger, made by my brother's sweet girlfriend
 that we've recently gotten hung on our front door.
Allie loves the new kittens that
her cat at Nana and Papaw's had
All decked out for Preschool Sunday, where her
class sang songs they'd learned in school for the church

(As you can see, we're in the middle of a remodel)
Sporting the new mermaid dress Nana bought her at the thrift store.
She loves this thing!
Loving on Russell Papaw (her great-grandfather) as we ate ice cream
for his birthday, which was also on Mother's Day!
Allie deciding that she LOVES salad!
(Wearing aforementioned mermaid dress!)
My precious Mother's Day gift Allie made me in school. 
The picture Allie and I had taken at church on Mother's Day




No comments:

Post a Comment