Thursday, May 29, 2014

Budget End-of-Year Teacher Gifts

My daughter goes to a great preschool and she's always had wonderful teachers who I never thought twice about letting take care of my most precious possession all day. They are just awesome. But this year, her two teachers were just  FAN-TAS-TIC! I cannot say enough about how much I adore these two ladies, and how thankful I am that my baby got to learn from them all year. They are really going to be missed. 

To show just a tiny portion of my thanks, I wanted to get them a little gift. I perused different boards on Pinterest, and found some ideas and kinda pulled together what I wanted to do. 

I found this adorable little free printable at The Idea Room, through a post on Pinterest, and I just printed it out on plain white paper at work. I found two pretty indoor plants, Allie-approved, at our local Wal-Mart, which totaled $ 9.66 and then bought some twine and two sheets of paper at Hobby Lobby, totaling $1.35. I'm on a budget people, so these things are important. 

Anyway, I cut out the printables and paper backing, used some Modge Podge I had at home to secure the labels to the side of the pot, then wrapped some twine around it and voila! --$11 and about 15 minutes later, I had two adorable end-of-year teacher gifts! 



No comments:

Post a Comment