Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Finish This... Week XIII

I've missed a couple of weeks, but I'm excited to be back as part of the Finish This... linkup with Nicole of Three 31, Jen of The Arizona Russums, Lisa of COASTLINED and Becky at The Java Mama.


My favorite recipe is … Taco soup. It's so easy to make and everyone I know loves it. My incredibly fit, healthy-eating, gym-rat hunk of a husband repeatedly asks for this soup, even though there isn't anything particularly healthy about it at all. The first time I made it for him, and he went back for literally like 4 servings, I knew I had a winner...

Taco Soup
1lb. ground meat, cooked
 (we currently use ground chicken, but have used beef or turkey at different points)
Lg. can crushed tomatoes
Med. sized can of tomato sauce
1-2 can black beans, drained
1-2 can light red kidney beans, drained
2 cans Mexi-corn, drained
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 packet dry ranch dressing mix

Combine all ingredients in a large stockpot for about 15-20 minutes (the longer the flavors get to meld together the better); or a crockpot during the day while you're at work. Before serving, top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and crushed up tortilla chips-at least that's what we do! 

I believe… the following things to be true about life-from my Pinterest board-Quotes!









I need to set boundaries … In what I eat. I love going to the gym, it makes me feel so much better and I always try to make that a priority. But, I'm just not strict enough with my diet. It will be my diet that keeps me from ever having a really great body or being as fit as I want to be unless I make some changes. 

I began living when … I became a mom, then again when I met my husband. Both times, I was introduced to a completely different type of love, a kind that I didn't even know existed up until that point. 

When my daughter was born, I didn't realize you could feel that strongly about another person; it's just a love like I can't even describe. She was and is my reason for doing all things-doing the best job I can as her mother is the most important thing I'll ever do. She changed my basic way of thinking and living life and I'll always consider myself blessed to have her. 

 Then I met the husband, and he basically brought me back to life. He brought fun, laughter, and adventure when it was glaringly absent from my life. He brought passion and love and hope for the future. He gave me confidence in myself and a desire to be the best version of me that I could be in every way. 

8 comments:

  1. We are soul sisters, really. I struggled about the "boundaries" prompt and ultimately went with time and saying 'no' to some things but honestly, I have issues with food simply because I love to eat and I don't always make the best choices and I'll never see the results I want from the gym if I don't make some changes. Ugh, why can I be petite and skinny and be able to eat whatever I want?!?! *rant over*

    p.s. Glad you're back ... can you believe week 20 already?! BIG FUN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear :) I struggle with the diet thing too!! If I could manage to be skinny on just my love for the gym/running/walking/hiking, etc I would be set! Unfortunately my passion for peanut m&ms has left me a little thicker than I should be (that and having a sweet baby!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sweet baby is always worth a little weight gain, but I'm a sucker for any dessert with peanut butter and chocolate too!

      Delete
  3. I stopped struggling with the word "diet" long ago. Of course I'm older and have come to accept my body for what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that one day I can get to that point where I love and accept mine!

      Delete
  4. Taco soup is my favorite! You can never go wrong with it and it is always a people pleaser!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back to the link up! I loved all your "i believe in" photos. some of them, like the beard and tattoo one made me chuckle! I cannot wait to be a Mom. I am reading everyone's blogs about them coming alive when they became a parent, and I just feel like I was meant to be a Mom. I tell my friends I am living vicariously through them through their pregnancies and becoming mommies until its my turn, just because it gives me such joy. I cannot wait to feel that same way myself, and your story has definitely made me smile, and it gives me home that I will get that second chance one day. You are definitely inspiring, and I appreciate you sharing.

    ReplyDelete