Thursday, January 16, 2014

Mommy-Daughter Date

One of my goals this year is to make sure I spend enough quality mommy-daughter time with Allie, just us two. It's always been important to me for Bruce, Allie and I to do things together as a family, and we do that so much  now that it's become the normal state of our lives. We go to the park and walk, ride bikes, and play on the playground. We put together puzzles and read books curled up on a bean bag in her bedroom floor, all three of us. But, it's easy to forget that for a large portion of Allie's life, it was just me and her, against the world. We did everything together and she had almost all of my attention almost all the time. It's been an adjustment period for everyone having Bruce in our lives, and my relationship with him is so very important to me, but as our family evolves I want to make sure that Allie still always feels the love. 

So, last night after gymnastics, which she attends one night each week, instead of rushing straight home so Bruce could come over and we could eat supper, she and I went to McDonald's and got her favorite-a Happy Meal- and a small ice cream cone. We hung out and talked and laughed and played with her Happy Meal toy on the table. It was a nice girl's night, and we had a lot of fun. Oh, and we took lots of selfies...







No comments:

Post a Comment