Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Finish This...Week IV

Joining up with Jen ~The Arizona Russums~, Nicole ~Three31~, Lisa ~Coastlined~, and Becky ~The Java Mama~ for Finish This.... --



1. I plan on buying: A dress to get married in...soon, I hope. Since I'm getting married in 29 days. Also, a wedding band for the soon-to-be husband, and a cake and some petit fours, and a bouquet for me and a boutonniere for him, and some kick-butt red heels to go with aforementioned dress....It's amazing how much goes into planning a wedding, even a very tiny one. We're just having about 15 people in attendance-our parents, siblings, and their spouses-but there is so much to get done! 

We're also moving in together and are going to need to buy new sheets, a comforter, new curtains, new dishes and a host of other things for getting our home set up. At the top of my list is a Keurig...I really want one of these. 

2. I give MY DAUGHTER five stars because: I had to take her to work with me yesterday, and she was a total angel the entire day, and I managed to still get a ton of things accomplished. 



3. I felt courageous when:
I've been sitting here staring at this for about a half hour, and I honestly cannot come up with anything. I guess choosing to become a parent is a very courageous choice, because I feel like it's the most difficult and most important thing I will ever do. 


4. I feel about swimsuit shopping like I do: having a root canal, or listening to fingernails scrape on a chalkboard. I feel like this about shopping for clothes in general usually. I despise having to do it. In fact, just having to answer this question makes me feel stressed out. This year will be the first time I've shopped for a suit since my breast reduction surgery this past summer, and I've been in the gym and eating cleaner and plan to continue these habits, so hopefully it will be less stressful than previous years, but I'm still not very optimistic. 

9 comments:

  1. Good luck wedding dress shopping. I hope you have a blast since it's such a special moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to need the luck! lol Thank you!

      Delete
  2. OH MY STARS, you're getting married in 29 days (congrats!) but you don't have a dresss?! Eeek, good luck, my dear! Kudos to your daughter (and you too) and the fact that she loves to read, My heart rejoices when I see young ones reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My munchkin is huge reader and so am I, so it makes me really, really happy! Yea, I'm can't imagine having to pick out my dress like a year in advance, but even I'm getting a little nervous about this....

      Delete
  3. I feel the same way about ALL clothes shopping....hate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I'd rather do anything else!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, I am in awe that you don't have your wedding dress yet and you only have 29 days. And your daughter is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she's a little wild child most of the time! lol Yea, we only got engaged Feb. 1st, and it's a very simply, low-key, small event, but still....I've got to find something to wear! lol

      Delete
  5. Best wishes on your upcoming wedding! I'm sure it will all come together :)

    ReplyDelete