Thursday, February 20, 2014

On Living Arrangements

I live with my parents. Yep, there it is. It's out there. I don't talk about it much, I mean, really? Yes, I'm 28 years old, divorced, and myself and my four-year-old daughter live in 2 bedrooms and a bathroom at one end of my parents home.

I am also a homeowner. A little but cute 3 bedroom, 1 bath, red-shuttered, well landscaped home in town. Following my divorce, I refinanced our house, which I was keeping, into my name only, and lived there just my daughter and I. But, after a few months, it all just became TOO MUCH- emotionally, mentally, financially- for me to handle on my own. So, I moved in with my parents, and found a wonderful young, single woman to rent my home for the past year and a half.

For awhile, I was NOT OKAY with my living situation, but it's actually been a good thing. During a very turbulent time in my life, I had the constant  help and support of my family; I wasn't completely alone in this. Allie has loved every second of living with her Nana and Papaw and getting spoiled rotten. Of course, it has had it's downsides as well, as anyone might expect of moving back home after almost 7 years of marriage and living on your own. But overall, I feel blessed to have had somewhere to turn when I needed it the most.

Also, if I hadn't lived with my parents, I might not have met Bruce. But, now that we're getting married, we have made arrangements for my renter to move out and us to move back into my house. I'm really excited to move back in and get settled and put in those little touches to make the house OUR home. 

Here are a few fun DIY things I've pinned that I hope to work on in the coming weeks to add those little touches to our home  ...










No comments:

Post a Comment