Allie woke up Monday morning crying of a stomachache and burning with fever. Over the course of the morning, she became lethargic, began vomiting, and could barely hold her head up. I took her to the doctor, where he initially said it was a stomach virus and wanted to give her Zofran. But I asked for a flu test, just to be sure, and the test returned positive almost immediately.
We were given tamiflu, which almost immediately made a difference in my precious little girl. She's still not back to her usual feisty self, but she's been improving a lot over the past three days. I got to stay with her on Monday and Tuesday, then Wednesday she stayed with her Daddy, and today she's with Nana, so she's been loved on and snuggled up and taken good care of. I'm anxious for her to be fully recovered though, because I know every good mama knows there is nothing worse in the world than your baby being sick and you not being able to "fix it."!
No comments:
Post a Comment