Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Books my 4 year-old daughter loves Vol. I

 I'm a lover of books and a librarian by career. I always swore that I would work hard to try and instill that love of reading into my own children. Luckily for me, my daughter loves her books just as much her mommy does. Some of our best times are spent just cuddled up in bed or the recliner reading. 

I've compiled a list of a few of our recent favorites to share. I've linked to the Amazon page under each title. I don't get any compensation for these links, I just like to be able to know where I can find out more/buy books that I'm interested in. All of these titles were also found at my local public library, which a trip there is a special treat in and of itself and a whole other topic. 

But for now, here's a few of our favorites: 



Pinkalicious By: Victoria Kann & Elizabeth Kann
We read this every day for like, a year. My daughter is a total girly-girl and loves all things pink, so this was perfect. We even had a Pinkalicious themed birthday party last year when my girl turned 3. It's a lot of fun, and also has great lesson about what happens when you don't listen to your parents. (The little girl eats too many cupcakes and turns pink!) These authors also wrote Purplelicious, Silverlicious, Goldalicious,  Emeraldalicious, and a host of other titles starring Pinkalicious. The Amazon link can be found HERE. 



Disney Princess: First Look and Find
This was one of my daughter's first favorite books, although she's looked at it so many times she has no problem locating all the hidden objects in seconds. She still likes to pull it out every once in awhile and find them all again. Sometimes it turns into a game with Mommy or Nana or Papaw to see who can find the objects the fastest. Amazon



Chicka Chicka Boom Boom By: Bill Martin Jr. and John Achambault 
This is a new favorite, and my daughter loves when you read the story in the sing-song voice similar to the song of the same book. This one is so cute, and great for practicing letter recognition. Amazon



Fancy Nancy By: Jane O'Connor
Fancy Nancy is a total girly girl who uses "fancy" words, with little asides like "I am unique. (Unique is a fancy word for one of a kind.)" It's a great vocabulary building book and so much fun. Even better, the covers of often sparkly/glittery, and there's a whole collection of books starring Fancy Nancy. Amazon




Bark, George By: Jules Feiffer 
This was one of the kids' absolute favorites when I used to do story hour at the public library where I worked, and my daughter loves it just as much. George is an adorable puppy whose mommy takes him to the doctor and tells him to "Bark, George!" But a bark isn't what comes out....This is just great fun! Amazon

Happy Reading! 


3 comments:

  1. Have you guys tried the Ladybug girl series? They are amazing. Plus show girls it's fun to be super heroes and they can do anything. It's most defiantly in our must read list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen them, I think, but never read any! I will have to check them out at our next library visit! I love books about strong girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are great. We also started reading the Fancy Nancy chapter book series. They are a great lead in to novels.

    ReplyDelete